Tuesday, April 11, 2017

FIVE ROMAN ARTICHOKES { A Year In Painting}

JAMES APONOVICH
A YEAR IN PAINTING

La vita e breve
L'arte e lunga


As our planet makes its journey around a star we call the Sun, I make my own journey in painting. Each week I present some aspect of our shared life experiences through the medium of paint on canvas.


"Old men ought to be explorers."
-T.S. Eliot, The Four Quartets

____________________________________________________________




FIVE ROMAN ARTICHOKES


James Aponovich
Five Roman Artichokes
Oil on Canvas, 18" x 24"



When I arrive in Italy, there is a period of transition, usually about three weeks, 
where everything is left behind and I await new prospects. This time is not fallow, 
Elizabeth and I draw quite a bit  as I search out new subject matter to keep the brush moving.
Since we arrived in the middle of artichoke season......







copyright 2017 James Aponovich
all rights reserved



No comments: