Tuesday, August 27, 2019

SQUAM STILLWATER: Five Pines {8}




AS EVER HIDDEN




Squam Stillwater: Five Pines   ( in progress)
James Aponovich
Oil on canvas, 24" x 18"


Now the painting is in the home stretch. To most eyes it
appears to be finished but I know that there still remains hours of 
painting ( pine needles ) ahead. I originally had something happening
where the air meets the water. On the surface of the water I painted
a Mayfly which has just landed and underneath you could see a trout
 rising to catch it. I understand that things like that occur. I realized that was
 in complete juxtaposition of the tranquility I was trying to capture.

So out came the hungry fish and if old 'Golden Pond' ( Squam Lake)
is known for anything.....




(detail)


.......it's Loons







copyright2019 James Aponovich
all rights reserved 

No comments: