Monday, December 30, 2019

'SONO FINITI'......The Final Paintings of 2019




Still Life with Oranges
James Aponovich
Oil on canvas, 12" x 10"



I started these paintings over the Fall in Panicale. I left a couple there
to finish in the Spring. A day or two after New Year's Day 
these paintings are heading down to the State of Florida ( Palm Beach)
for one of the endless 'Art Fairs'.
( Someone tapes a banana to a wall and it sells for $120,000.)
What a business!



Still Life with Bowl of Berries
James Aponovich
Oil on panel, 10" x 8"


As far as I'm concerned this just about sums it up. I have been
studying Italian Renaissance painting for almost a 
half Century and this little guy says it 'in a nutshell'....
....I think.



R.B.R.V.C.

Renaissance
Based
Radical 
Visual
Conservative 




Copyright 2019 James Aponovich
All rights reserved


No comments: