Friday, July 12, 2019

SQUAM STILLWATER: FIVE PINES {5}



What would happen if one combines the Japanese like elegance of native pines
with 12th Century Florentine musical ratios by way of the Greek 
Philosopher Pythagoras? Let's find out.......


THE FIRST GO-ROUND: Part II


Squam Stillwater: Five Pines  ( in progress)
James Aponovich
Oil on canvas, 24" x 18"


GROWNG PAINS

I have just completed the 'Blocking In" of the trees and other
reflections. So far, nothing in this painting is finalized, just 
the basics are established. Now the real ( a,k.a. tedious)
work begins with a very, very small brush.....every twig
and pine needle and then everything is repeated in the reflection...
Did I mention I hate repeating myself?

Fortunately I have to wait a few days for the paint to dry.
Company is coming for the weekend anyway.




Copyright 2019 James Aponovich 
All rights reserved 




No comments: