Sunday, October 27, 2019

PANICALESE STILL LIFE






Panicalese Still Life
James Aponovich
oil on panel, 10" x 8"



It's not unusual for me to complete a small painting in less than
a month ( don't tell my galleries that). I guess that I have
never been very adept at group efforts, but when I'm left alone,
things seem to take on a life of their own. Until...

"James, why don't you, while we are in Italy, paint on 
one of these wood panels. I love them," my wife Elizabeth asked 
prior to our latest trip.

"Hmmm, why not?", I thought, they travel well and those 
Renaissance guys used them 
( when they weren't painting on walls)

"Finalamente'....Two months later and a whole lot of hours
chained to the easel, this is the result.







Copyright 2019 James Aponovich
All rights reserved

No comments: