Sunday, January 22, 2017

THE MUSE { Aponovich: A Year In Painting}


JAMES APONOVICH
A YEAR IN PAINTING

VITEA E BREVIS
ARS E LONGUS


As our planet makes its journey around a star we call the Sun, I make my own journey in painting. Each week I present some aspect of our shared life experiences through the medium of paint on canvas


"Old men ought to be explorers"
-T.S. Eliot. The Four Quartets

_____________________________________________________



THE MUSE




James Aponovich
P.
Oil n canvas,  8" x  9"


Not exactly what you'd expect as a Muse, no wings, no wand, and not even any inspiration dust...
just Peter, but hey, you gotta take it where you find it.
The background story is I used to see this guy stacking vegetables  at our local organic market and I thought, " Boy, Rembrandt would have painted this guy!" Well, I'm no Rembrandt, but Peter is now my model. During the next year you will see him in many different roles, living long gives some people depth, often painfully.




REACHING OUT


A painter paints on an invisible skin. As the brush hits the surface, reality ceases and the painter reaches into depth. The viewer is on one side  and the painting is on the other, the point in between is where the magic happens.



James Aponovich
Study for The Soup Kitchen
Oil on canvas, 12" x 12"







Copyright 2017 James Aponovich

(4)





No comments: